Manages the Micro-Environment of wounds
FOR EFFECTIVE TREATMENT OF WOUNDS, BURNS, CATHETER & ORTHOPEDIC PIN/EXIT SITES
PSEUDOMONAS, COLI, MRSA, CLABSIs and CANDIDA are common infections resulting from long term catheter use. Infections endanger patients and are expensive to treat.
SILVALPAD™ is an absorbent wound dressing, with an active layer of silver, (two types; 20% or 1.2%, active silver ions destroy microorganisms), delivering a sustained release of antimicrobial activity for up to eight days on the very conductive 20% version.
SILVALPAD™ - with its broad spectrum of antibacterial activity, inhibits Gram negative and Gram positive organisms - including antibiotic resistant bacteria and fungi - effectively treats and reduces catheter-related infections.
Medical Research conducted on SILVALPAD™ reveals that as many as 108 (100,000,000) bacteria on a SILVALPAD™ dressing were destroyed, and no detectable viable organisms were found after one hour, which means that SILVALPAD™ rapidly inhibits the growth of microorganisms.
SILVALPAD™ is non-toxic and non-irritating. It works immediately. It does not adhere to the site, and is comfortable to wear, and painless to remove. There is no need to wet the dressing prior to use, but in order to better activate the silver, it is recommended to wet the dressing.
SILVALPAD™ is included in the new catheter dressing trays, facilitating effective, efficient, and aseptic treatment of catheter insertion procedures and wound sites.
Instructions for use are included in each Box.
Articles related to SILVALPAD™ or wound care using Silver:
1. Results of research conducted in a major Israeli hospital http://euroband.com/SilvalpadResearch.pdf
5. An In-Vitro Analysis of the Antimicrobial Properties of 10 Silver-Containing Dressings - http://www.euroband.com/Analysisofsilverdressing.pdf
6. A Clinical Trial to Investigate the Effect of Silver Nylon Dressings on Mediastinitis Rates in Postoperative Cardiac Sternotomy Click here
7. Silver Alginate Foam Dressings for Wounds, Lesions and Burns - http://www.euroband.com/SilverAlginateFoam.pdf
8. Comparison: SilvalPad™ Sponges Vs. BioPatch® CHGIS Sponges preventing CLABSIs Comp_SD_CHG_sponges
9. Full Thickness Wound Healing Study in Domestic Swine - In_Vivo_Animal_Testing_for_FDA_OTC.pdf
10. Silvalpad™ (Silverlon®) - How much safe - Silver_How_Much_How_Safe.pdf
11. Silvalpad™ (Silverlon®) - Antimicrobial Effects and Safety in Use - Expert_Opinion_-_Silver_in_Health_Care_-_Affect_&_Safety.pdf
12. Silvalpad™ (Silverlon®) - Technical review - Silverlon_Technical_Review.pdf
For more information from C.D.C about Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter -Related Infections. SEE http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/gl_intravascular.html
To VIEW & PRINT part of this page in pdf A4 format, click here.